Source: (FICTION)-OLD DIRT.
Check this out guys!
The rush of emotions I am feeling while seeing these books makes me wish I was at the #AKE festival this year. Anyways, there’s always a chance of attending next season.
I didn’t do badly this first time at Aké; I come home with 27 books!
Books I Bought:
- The Birth of Illus by Jumoke Verissimo. This is Jumoke’s second collection of poetry. I’m a fan of her work.
- Bound to Secrecy by Vamba Sherif. A detective novel set in Liberia. A new-to-me writer.
- Lagoon by Nnedi Okorafor. The first of Okorafor’s books that I own. It’s been a long time coming.
- Minaret by Leila Aboulela. She has a new book, The Kindness of Enemies, out. I’m trying to catch up.
- Blackass by A. Igoni Barrett. I”m behind on my reviews but I loved Igoni’s Love is Power or Something Like That. This is his newest book.
- A Killing in the Sun by Dilman Dila. Speculative fiction. I first came across his work in Jalada’s Afrofutures issue.
(In a special category) The Etisalat Prize Longlisted Books
View original post 429 more words
Ariana Grande’s impression of Celine Dion…
We already knew she could give Mariah Carey a run for her money when it comes to vocal gymnastics, but Ariana Grande showed that she can also channel another diva when she appeared on The Tonight Show on Friday.
The “Love Me Harder” singer, who was making her first appearance as a talk show guest (as opposed to a musical performer), nailed an impression of Céline Dion when Jimmy Fallon asked her to join him in an impromptu duet – she even got the French accent and heart-pounding hand gestures down.
Earlier in the show Grande, 21, joined Fallon for another installment of his “Ew!” sketch and the former “Sam & Cat” star showed that she still knows how to get in touch with her inner teen.
But those weren’t her only impressive feats. Grande, who is learning Japanese, also tried to teach Fallon some simple phrases, and one not-so-simple…
View original post 28 more words
Writing to me is always about expressing yourself and being Free!!
Yaay! First post…finally! Its been really hard to write these days (writer’s block). But good news is I am getting back on my feet.
Hey readers, thanks for following my blog and reading my posts. My blog is a lifestyle blog. i will be bringing to you exciting varieties about interesting topics, most-talked-about news, dairy posts and lots more. It promises to be exciting!
There is a first to everything you start in life and this is one of my beginnings and I am just excited you are here to share mine with me.
Thank you guys for reading. More posts soon!!! xo Elle Sue.